Yes, you read that correctly. I’m posting roasted brussels sprouts for Meatless Monday. Before you grumble about how much you hate brussels sprouts (I’m looking at you, mom!), just hear me out. I used to dislike them as well. However, once I started roasting them and realizing how flavorful they could be, I started to develop an affinity for them. So, maybe give them another shot by trying this recipe! If you still don’t like them, I’ll never tell you to eat them again. I promise.
Begin by rinsing the brussels sprouts and cutting off the ends. The outside layer will likely fall off as you do this. That’s fine. Let it go. You don’t want that layer anyway!
See, isn’t that so pretty and green? Place the brussels sprouts in a medium-sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Look at how cute they are, like miniature heads of lettuce.
Dice garlic (or mince, whichever you prefer) and add to the bowl with the brussels sprouts. Add seasonings to brussels sprouts. Mix well until all brussels sprouts are covered in oil. Place the brussels sprouts on an ungreased baking sheet, face down. Let me take a break to say that I love roasted vegetables. I am a vegetable person and that is my favorite way to eat them. Especially when you throw some garlic and onions in (if you’re not planning on getting close to anyone’s face).
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, diced or minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 grated romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash brussels sprouts and cut off ends. Cut in half. Put halved brussels sprouts in medium-sized bowl.
- Add olive oil to brussels sprouts.
- Dice garlic and add to brussels sprouts.
- Add seasonings and mix well until all brussels sprouts are covered in oil.
- Place brussels sprouts face down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until the side that is face down browns and a fork can pierce the brussels sprout. Don’t overcook them. If they get too mushy (technical term) they’re not as good.
- Remove brussels sprouts from oven and sprinkle fresh grated romano cheese before serving.