Nothing says, “I love you so much I don’t even mind if you gain a couple of pounds” like a batch of brownies. Fresh baked brownies are the perfect way to show someone you really care. It takes a lot of restraint not to polish these off. I made my boyfriend some of these brownie bites without telling him they had a little secret…almond flour! The best substitutions are those for which you can’t even tell there is a substitution and these brownie bites fit the bill. Why not make them a teensy bit healthier? I’m not ashamed to admit there are some really good boxed brownie mixes. These are fudgy (that’s a word…) like the good boxed mixes, but you know every single thing going into them. I don’t ruin my brownies but adding icing or powdered sugar. These don’t need them. Pure chocolate goodness.
Begin by gathering all of your ingredients. Once the butter melts you’ll want to be able to mix the remainder of the ingredients fairly quickly to keep things moving smoothly.
Melt the butter over low-medium heat in a small saucepan. I like to substitute coconut oil for the butter (use a 1:1 substitution) as well. You can’t really tell and it won’t make the brownies taste too much like coconut. Add the sugar. Umm… it’s organic so it’s ok. Moving on. Then stir in the cocoa powder.
The mixture will look grainy, but it’ll get better. Transfer the chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes. Add the eggs. Stir the chocolate mixture well until the eggs are completely mixed in.
Stir in the almond meal and flour until completely incorporated.
If you’d like, you can even throw in 1/4 or 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. Pour the batter evenly into mini cupcake liners.
Once you remove the brownie bites from the oven, let them sit for a few minutes to cool a little.
These are great hot or cooled, but my preference is hot with a cold glass of milk. Who am I kidding, I’m not picky.
Share the love! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Almond Flour Brownie Bites
- 10 tbsp (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) butter or coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a small saucepan. Slowly stir in sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract until completely mixed.
- Pour chocolate mixture into mixing bowl and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in eggs using a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in flour and almond meal until incorporated. Gently fold in chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour batter into mini cupcake tins and cook in 325 degree oven for 18-25 minutes.
Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.
3 thoughts on “Almond Flour Brownie Bites”
I couldn’t agree more! Brownies are total love potion material.
I love brownies. These are great in the bite sized form!
Pingback: S’Mores Brownies | The Lawful Kitchen