Halloween is my favorite holiday. Hands down, the best season of the year. Growing up my best friend and I were treated to some amazing Halloween treats when we would come home after school before we went out trick or treating. I’m talking individually carved orange “pumpkins” filled with purple jello, graveyard cake, squid ink pasta; the works!
I throw a shindig every year and the most popular themed snack is the Mummy Dog. It’s so simple yet so rewarding. Hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls = brilliant.
Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees. Cut the hot dogs in half. You can leave them their normal size if you’re looking to make a meal rather than a snack. Roll out the crescent roll dough and cut into strips. Wrap the hot dogs in the strips of dough, haphazardly to make it look like a mummy.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. I serve them with a few condiment options, like ketchup and different kinds of mustards.
- 1 package beef hot dogs (can substitute sausage)
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the hot dogs in half.
- Cut the crescent dough into strips.
- Wrap the hot dogs in the dough strips.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with condiments (ketchup, mustards, etc).