When thinking up holiday gifts, everyone likes food. This candy cane chocolate fudge is festive, smooth, and just the right amount of sweet. This is an easier fudge recipe than some you’ll find, but it takes a little bit of effort. Your loved ones are worth it though, aren’t they? Wrap up this fudge with a colorful ribbon and you have an easy gift. Or, bring this to a holiday party and make lots of friends. You can’t go wrong.
If you don’t have a double boiler, you can put water in a saucepan and a metal bowl on top. Just be careful when you’re stirring the chocolate so you don’t burn yourself. When the chocolate is melted, immediately empty out the water and pour the chocolate in the saucepan.
Add the condensed milk and other ingredients, stirring until combined.
As soon as everything is combined, pour the chocolate into the baking pan lined with parchment paper. Crush the candy canes with a rolling pin (don’t crush your finger) and then sprinkle them on top of the fudge.
Let the fudge cool for a 1-2 hours or until it is firm. Then, you get to cut it into pieces.
There’s no science to the size of the piece, just use a really long and sharp knife.
Get festive, y’all!
Adapted from Eagle Brand fudge recipe.
Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge
- 8 oz bittersweet baking chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 7 mini candy canes
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring frequently. When chocolate is melted, empty out water and pour chocolate in saucepan.
- Stir in condensed milk, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper. Spread chocolate evenly in pan.
- Using a rolling pin, crush candy canes. Spread crushed candy canes over chocolate.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan and cut evenly into squares.
One thought on “Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge”
These fudges look so divine ❤ I love your blog! Your posts are all so amazing 🙂