One of the few trying things about going on vacation for me is attempting to eat all of my refrigerator’s perishables while also not buying any groceries (rough life, I know). I’m headed out for a week long hiking trip in a few days so I’ve been eating a lot of weird meals (read leftovers galore!). One of the easiest things to make while simultaneously getting rid of a bunch of stuff in the fridge is a burrito. I’m partial to the breakfast variety. Its not glamorous, but it sure is delicious! It’s one of the easier meals to make with whatever you might have lying around, so here’s what was in my fridge this morning…
I had eggs, turkey slices, a bit of cheddar cheese, leftover wild rice, some diced onions, whole wheat tortillas and the one condiment I can’t live without, honey mustard.
Beat two eggs in a bowl. Tear or cut up the turkey and add it, along with the rice, into the eggs. Grate about 1/4 cup of cheese and set aside.
Everything but the Kitchen Sink Burrito
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 wild rice
- 2 Tbsp diced onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz turkey slices
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- Beat two eggs in a bowl. Tear or cut up the turkey and add it, along with the rice, into the eggs.
- Grate about 1/4 cup of cheese and set aside.
- Next sauté the diced onions in a small pan until golden.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan. Cook eggs thoroughly.
- Add the cheese in once eggs are cooked, turning off the heat. Mix in cheese, letting it melt
- Put eggs onto tortilla.
- Drizzle honey mustard over eggs and garnish with basil. Roll up tortilla and serve